Support Engineers are deployed on various product lines within VAS-X. The position will primarily focus on supporting and maintaining custom applications.
The Support Engineer is to take ownership of customer issues reported and see them through to resolution, including if these are later identified as bugs.
Perform effective preventative maintenance by systematic inspection, detection and correction of incident failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.
The position is pressurised and development and support within middleware layers are done within a complex environment.
The following requirements are essential:
IT Degree or Diploma
4 years working within the telecommunications industry.
Workable knowledge of Linux
Oracle, MySQL, Postgres DB Knowledge
Java/Web Service Support – Glassfish, Payara
- PLSQL will be a definite advantage.
- Oracle APEX skills would be very beneficial
- Bash Scripting will be an advantage
- Able to use PL/SQL to retrieve data from ORACLE databases
- An understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes would be highly beneficial.
Please note that should you not hear from us within three weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccesful.
Successful candidates may also be required to complete technical assessments.